Banking Consultant - Timaru
Kiwis supporting Kiwis! SBS is a proud New Zealand owned Mutual Bank who's been helping New Zealanders achieve their goals for over a 150 years. We believe wholeheartedly, that we have a duty and a desire to consider the wider community and the part we can play as a good corporate citizen.
With branches, people and 24/7 banking right across New Zealand, we're a mutual bank owned by our Customers and here for New Zealanders. Everything we do, every decision we make, is all about our customers.
Our people truly make the difference. Our values are at the heart of everything we do and this seen through our caring inclusive familial culture where our team members want to Stay, Say and Strive.
We are looking for a Banking Consultant to join our team.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Growth and profitability using our Member Experience framework to proactively identify and understand member needs and to recommend additional suitable products or services that will benefit the member including referring on where appropriate.
- This role is key in ensuring members are matched with the right solutions to meet their financial needs across the full product suite including simple
- Proactively grow the business through key relationships and business development.
- Effective processing of simple lending applications
- Hit the ground running with your energy, drive, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrate customer service and sales experience
- Demonstrate residential lending experience
- Positive digital advocate who enjoy learning
- Ability to work in a consistently evolving and changing environment
- Willing to take on formal study as part of your role NZ Certificate in Financial Services -Level 5
- Be rock solid with sound decision making, analytical and negotiation skills
- Have a perceptive nature and innate desire to help our Members succeed financially
- Be a keen learner who welcomes the opportunity to study and obtain NZ Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5)
- Gel with our Values: Own It, Do What's Right, One Team, We're with you
Please apply today if this sounds like you!