Thanks for thinking about sharing your talent with our team. To help you really shine through the application process, here’s what you need to know:
What you need to apply
- To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand or hold a relevant work visa. If you don’t have either of these, you won’t be considered.
- Approx 5-10 minutes to complete the online form.
- A cover letter, CV (and sometimes other supporting documents) as a PDF, .doc. or docz format – each under 4MB - ready to load.
What to expect
- We may phone you if we’d like more information.
- If you’re asked to an interview, we’ll ask ‘behavioural based’ questions’ – so come ready to share examples of how you’ve used your skill, ability or knowledge in different situations.
- For some roles we’ll ask for a presentation – but don’t worry - we’ll give you lots of notice if that’s the case as we want to see you at your best.
- We’re ready to be wowed – that doesn’t mean a song and dance routine - it just means we want to get excited about what you can bring to SBS and what we can do for you.
If we take a shine to you and you make it to the final stages
We want to make sure we’re right for each other:
- You’ll be asked to complete a psychometric test which covers things like numeric and verbal reasoning ability and for some roles a personality assessment. Don’t panic, just be yourself!
- We’ll speak to your referees – it will help us clarify some stuff. And who doesn’t love to hear great people stories – it makes our day!
- If there’s a job offer, it will be subject to satisfactory Ministry of Justice, Credit, and Identification Checks. Our Members trust us so it’s vital our people provide the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- We’ll keep in touch.